The other parent is not allowing me to see my child. What can I do?


If you are dealing with an uncooperative partner, there are a couple of things you can do. If you have an existing custody or visitation order, get a certified copy of the order and ask the police to assist in enforcing the order when it comes time to have your children. You can also file a Request for Order to modify the custody or visitation order if you’re consistently having trouble with the other parent. If you don’t already have a custody or visitation order, you need to file a Request for Order. This also requires you to have an existing case, whether it be a petition for custody and support, dissolution, legal separation, or something similar.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

Please send us a message to set up a consultation with an experienced Atascadero family law attorney. We will be glad to sit down with you and discuss your situation.