What papers do I need to fill out to file for divorce in California?


The California state government requires a Summons, Petition and a Certificate of Counsel. Spouses with children must also file a Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement. There are other recommended additional forms, called Declarations of Disclosure, that include Income and Expense Declarations, Schedule of Assets and Debts, and Property Declaration – Separate and Community. Generally, the processes are essentially the same whether you’re filing for Dissolution, Legal Separation or a Nullity Proceeding. Hiring a knowledgeable California family law attorney will give you the advantage you need and help you through each step of the divorce process.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

Please send us a message to set up a consultation with an experienced Atascadero family law attorney. We will be glad to sit down with you and discuss your situation.