How can I name a guardian for my child?


Granting guardianship to someone other than a child’s parents allows that person to obtain custody of the child if the parents become unable to care for the child. Establishing a guardian for a child requires papers to be filed with the court and many steps that eventually lead to a court hearing. It can take a lot of time and energy to fill out all the necessary forms, notify family, and go through the entire process, so it’s often recommended a lawyer is consulted to streamline the guardian naming process and ensure all of the necessary documents are completed and submitted properly.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

Please send us a message to set up a consultation with an experienced Atascadero family law attorney. We will be glad to sit down with you and discuss your situation.